SPONSORS

SPONSORS - We are currently seeking sponsors for Christmas Cards All Year 'Round challenge blog. If you are interested in sponsoring a challenge and would like some information please contact me at ccayrchallengeblog@hotmail.com

Christmas countdown banner

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decorated Maya Road Tin

Decorated Maya Road Tin

You will need:

~empty Maya Road tin

~foam

~some sort of flourish stamp (or you can draw your flourishes freehand)

~Stazon ink

~floss

~needle

~glue dots

~flowers,buttons,brads, ribbon, Stickles to decorate





1. Open the tin. Position some foam under the cover.2.Stamp the flourishes in the corner of the clear window (or draw some freehand).

3. Using a needle or some other tool, poke holes following the pattern of the flourishes.

4. With some thread and needle, stitch the pattern. To end the thread I put a little glue dot on the back. You can tie a knot to end off, if you wish.5. Once the stitching is done, you can embellish with flowers, buttons, brads, ribbon, etc.This is my finished tin. I added Stickles to the flowers and used Liquid Pearls to decorate.I also added a bow to the handle.

11 comments:

Ali said...

Absolutely gorgeous! SUBMIT!!!!!!! Whoa! Anyone would adore this little gift box. Well done.

Linda said...

BEAUTIFUL simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

Carla said...

That is gorgeous!! How creative :-)

Pat said...

Oh my Gosh!! This is so absolutely adorable and now I know what to do with my empty box.

Carol A. said...

This is fantastic Deanne...I have several of these tins around and now I know exactly what to do with them. Thanks!

Lori said...

This is such a great idea! I have at least 2 of these sitting waiting to have something doe to them. I think they'll make great Christmas gifts filled with some notecards for my Mom and MIL.

Wanita said...

Gorgeous little gift box Deanne! Love the tutorial :)

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty stitching, I just love the flowers with it!

Ashleyd922 said...

very nice idea im going to try this and embellish my own tin !!! lovely decpration though

AUsome mom said...

Deanne, this is fantastic!! I will definitely be making some of these. These would make great Christmas gifts for co-workers!

Lindasueanne said...

That is gorgeous Deanne! TFS!!